Ranked as one of the Best Employers in Nebraska, the University of Nebraska is committed to providing a work environment and culture that fosters personal and
professional success and satisfaction. By joining our team, you will be given opportunities to grow as an individual and contribute to the significant impact that we
make within the University of Nebraska community and Nebraska’s economy each year.
We invest in our employees:
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- No-cost life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plans
- Tuition assistance for employees and dependents
- Exclusive staff discounts
- Continuous improvement and innovation
- Professional development through training and education
- Embrace a diverse and inclusive workplace
- And many more!!
As a Prepress/Digital Process Manager, you will:
- Manage the overall operations of the Pre-Press Department and the Digital Print Center to attain a world-class operation that provides high quality production art
files for both digital and CTP output.
- Develop objectives for quality, productivity, and service through process improvements or re-engineering workflows.
- Lead in the development of expert-level support for sophisticated variable data printing (VDP) and Omnichannel campaigns.
- Collaborate to establish priorities and schedule and balance workload for prepress and digital print center.
- Ensure that quality products are produced consistently to meet scheduling, accuracy, and efficiency standards.
- Interpret and produce client and production requirements.
- Apply industry knowledge of color methodology and attain and maintain G7 certification.
- Ensure proper equipment maintenance as related to safety, productivity, quality, and service.
- Purchase supplies and recommend and initiate cost reduction proposals centered around capital improvements.
- Understand, move towards, and implement LEAN manufacturing practices.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and act as a technical resource.
- Hire, train, coach, counsel, and evaluate performance of direct reports and develop and maintain an empowered team culture.
What you bring to the position (minimum qualifications):
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years' experience in a print industry, agency, or other related industry experience.
- 2+ years in a supervisory or managerial role.
- 6+ months developing and implementing KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Extensive knowledge of pre-press prep equipment and software.
- Understanding of color management and ability to produce CMYK and PMS color files and accurately interpret color corrections.
Criminal history background check will be conducted.
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
Apply Now: https://employment.unl.edu/postings/84388